Sunday, October 7, 2012

ID Badge Verse - Romans 12:7-8

This week I wanted to share one of my favorite "teacher verses."  Romans 12 tells us, "Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you."  Different people have different gifts and this chapter of Romans speaks about using the specific talent God has gifted you with in accordance with His purpose.
gwhizteacher, ID badge verse, Romans 12:7-8
Teaching is HARD job and I don't think that one can continue to stay in teaching if they weren't truly called to this purpose.  We work very hard, often times with limited resources, and ever changing obstacles in our path.  Sometimes when the hard work "pays off" and I can see the results of my labor, and I want to jump up and say "YES!"  Often times I do!  I sometimes have to remind myself not to toot my own horn for my accomplishments or evidence of my students' success.  I need to also give thanks to God for providing the increase and for ultimately blessing me with the measure of faith He has gifted to me.  Download this week's verse, Romans 12:7-8, and remember to use your gifts to the fullest with love and sincerity.

No comments:

Post a Comment