Monday, November 12, 2012

Giving Thanks!

Its' been nine weeks since I've started blogging and posting products to TpT.  As I reflect on the past two months I have so much to be thankful for.  The blog has had 5000 hits and my TpT freebies have thousands of downloads.  My hope in starting this endeavor was that students and teachers would be blessed from the products I share.  When I look at the numbers I can see the possible impact and it makes me so happy!  The students in my classroom love my themed games and creative centers.  I am so thankful for being able to digitally share with many other teachers and students!

Each week I share my verse for the week.  I need a tangible reminder of my source of inspiration for the week.  I hope that the verses have provided support, encouragement, and inspiration for other teachers as well.  This week I've put together all 9 of the verses I shared so far into one document.  Feel free to download the 9 verses, cut them out, and store them in your ID badge pocket.  Distribute to your teacher friends as needed!  

gwhizteacher, ID badge verses, 9 weeks of scripture verses

I wanted to share a quick and easy Thanksgiving sight word game with you today.  It's called Gobble! and the kids really enjoy it.  For Halloween we called it Boo!...the name changes the whole game for the students.  I am always surprised that they can't get enough of this easy "kaboom" style game.  It's a great reinforcement for sight word practice and a super independent word work center for ABC order skills.  I've included all the cards and recording sheets for a game or center.  Teacher and student directions are included as well as a set of blank cards for adding your own spelling words or vocabulary words to the game.  Download Gobble here!


Thanksgiving is right around the corner so keep your students engaged in learning up to the very last day!  Have fun!
 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

6 comments:

  1. What a great freebie , WOW ~ And I must say I am super impressed at your tpt success. Do you have any tips for a slighly newer tpt store holder? I am going to bop over there and look over your blog. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I also what is your most popular or 2 most popular tpt items? Looking for inspriation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great comments! I have enjoyed learning about blogging and TpT over the past two months and love discovering what people like in a TpT product. I think that they like things that are ready to go, original (not something another seller has already done), creative, and CC aligned. I want things to be fun for the students so I try to make them "look" fun. It seems to be working! Things I use in my own classroom are things I share on TpT. :) When you go into a seller's TpT store, sort their products by most popular and you can see what they are selling and what people like. Good Luck! BTW...your blog is adorable! You're doing great!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog through Classroom Freebies. I love your scripture idea! I keep verses on index cards on my desk to look at throughout the day. Thanks for the great sight word game; my firsties will love it! :)

    Sarah
    Learning is for Superstars
    My TPT Store
    Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks April! I will take a look and see what is popular. I hope you've been having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! Thanks for the Gobble freebie and the verses!


    Live Laugh and Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete