Wednesday, September 19, 2012

HOTS fans

Have you ever had a "few extra minutes" during a reading group?  I use a set of Higher Order Thinking Skills questions for fiction and nonfiction any time I have extra time when working with a group.  The HOTS fans are easy to store and simple to use.  

HOTS fans, Higher Order Thinking Skills, gwhizteacher, reading response questions

A colleague of mine found these questions years ago.  We found them so useful, I used them as a guide and created a set of fiction and nonfiction questions for teachers as well as parents.
HOTS fans, Higher Order Thinking Skills, gwhizteacher, Reading responses cards
In my classroom I begin with knowledge level question and then move to higher order questions.  Sometimes the questions on the fan serve as a guide helping me form questions that specifically relate to the text we are working on. Download the HOTS question fans and have them ready for the next time you have an extra teachable moment!


2 comments:

  1. Found this from The Organized Classroom Magazine. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this on my "to print" list for a long time now. Finally did it! Can't wait to try it with my class. Thanks for sharing. Sara

    ReplyDelete