Monday, September 3, 2012

Candy CAFE!

I finally finished my candy themed CAFE poster set I've been working on and it looks great!  I already have some of the posters displayed in my first grade classroom and can't wait to add the finishing touches this week. I bought 4 purple mini pocket charts at the Target Dollar Spot; one pocket chart for each of the CAFE categories.  
candy CAFE, daily five, gwhizteacher, TpT candy CAFE printables
The kids are excited about the "sweet readers" theme we've got going on in the classroom this year.  I shared my materials for FREE on my TpT site.  Mini lesson ideas and "sweet" tips for introducing the CAFE categories are included.  I needed to find a way to make the 4 categories (comprehension, accuracy, fluency, and expand vocabulary) accessible to my little ones.  The candy theme and picture clues are quite clever and I've already had lots of little ones tell me they "get it!"  Any time you use candy (even just a single candy corn...ha ha) with a mini lesson, the kids are more than likely going to retain the information.  I hope you can use my candy spin on the 2 Sisters' wonderful framework to help your sweet readers on their DAILY CAFE journey this year.  Have a great week and as always, let me know what you think! Sweet Readers CAFE menu printables

candy CAFE, daily five, gwhizteacher, TpT candy CAFE printables


2 comments:

  1. Hi April. what goes in the pocket charts underneath the cute cafe signs? :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find purple pocket charts? cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete